google.com, pub-9792449424618443, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

17/08/2013

Kris Kross: Live And Die For Hip-Hop ft. Aaliyah, Da Brat, Jermaine Dupri and Mr.Black

 

Released: February 8th 1996
Recorded: 1995
Label: So So Def Recordings/Ruffhouse Records/Columbia Records/Sony Music Entertainment

Live And Die For Hip Hop was the second and final single from the album Young, Rich And Dangerous. The single features rappers Da Brat, Jermaine Dupri, Mr.Black and background vocals from our Babygirl. The actual song itself contains a sample from Regina Belle's – Baby Come To Me. You can check this out below to compare and contrast. Dj Clark Kent who I mentioned earlier in my Junior M.A.F.I.A. post also contributed by making a remix version of the track. However, all in all production wise for this classic hip-hop joint goes to Jermaine Dupri.

Overall I like the track, but I don't think Aaliyah is featured in it enough as I would of liked. I also feel that she should of at least been in the video to show some kind of recognition, but hey! It is what is it is...I aint gonna complain, because I'd rather hear some vocals from Babygirl then none at all. Oh and I would also like to say R.I.P to Chris Kelly A.K.A– Mac Daddy who passed away on May 1st 2013. It's a real shame he had to go like that through the drugs route, along with others like Amy Winehouse. All we can do is remember the great music they have left us with in this music industry. I still remember the trend they made by wearing their clothes backwards, crazy times... But as a tribute I have left the videos Jump and Tonite's Tha Night which you can check out down below. Enjoy everyone! :o) 





                                

No comments:

Post a Comment